Saturday, July 14, 2007

Our next blog challenge at CSS is our "Top 5 Vacation Memories"

~One of my top vacation memories was my trip to North Carolina in 1991 or 1992. It was my first vacation as a single mom and I went with 5 couples who were all good friends of mine. I flew Ashlee to New York to stay with her dad and then I drove from there with one of the couples to NC. We all rented a house on the beach for 10 days and we had a fabulous time!!!

~My next top vacation memory is my Carnival Cruise with Ashlee in 2000. Ashlee performed on the cruise ship in Mexico (she twirled baton). We had a terrific time together. It was our first cruise. We went to Grand Cayman, Calica and Cancun. Ashlee and I went snorkeling with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. It was the trip of a lifetime and one I would love to go on again!!!!

~The next vacation memory that comes to mind is our first BIG family vacation to Florida in 2002. This trip was also a performance trip for Ashlee. She was performing in the Capital One Citrus Bowl Half Time Show as a Baton Twirler. We also took my niece Samantha on this trip with us. Lexi and Samantha had never been on an airplane and so this was a very exciting trip for them. In addition to their first airplane ride they were also going to Disney World. We spent an entire day at Magic Kingdom, spent New Years Eve at Universal Studios, went to the Citrus Bowl Football Game and that evening they had a big island style pool party at the hotel to celebrate. We had a great time!! By the way...two years later in 2004 Ashlee and I went back to Florida again and she performed in the half time show again but as a dancer!!!

~My next memory is not just a memory but actually 3 memories! I am talking about my scrapbooking retreats to http://www.atimetocreate.com/. I have some really great friends that I get together with and we go here and we laugh, cry, create and just have fun together!!! Let me tell you...Jeanne and Lori know how to to take good care of you and pamper you at this place. They make you feel like you are part of their family while you are there. If you want to get away with the girls and be creative and have some fun...this is the place to go.

~My next vacation memory is the vacation that we just came back from which I am going to blog about in a few minutes so you can read all about it in a few minutes up above!!!! We had a fabulous time and I will remember it always!!!

Thanks for the blog challenge Amanda!! I look forward to the next one!!!

3 comments:

:Jayne said...

You've had some great vacation memories! Your scrap retreats look interesting. Aren't they fun. I just love visiting WI!

:J

Kip said...

It was fun to read about your vacations!!

Kip

Amanda L. said...

loved reading these.....how cool to swim with the stingrays!