Thursday, August 20, 2009

My 25 Year High School Reunion...


Butch and I decided to go to my 25 year high school reunion this year. I think he was more excited about it than I was. He is not from Superior and is "older" than me and so he does not know anyone that I went to school with...well except for Cys! He was excited to meet the people I had went to school with!


Friday during the day, Terry Johnson drove Cys, Cindy and myself to Hayward and we went shopping and out to lunch at Angler's!! We had so much fun...I was so glad I was able to go. On the way home from Hayward we stopped in at CJ's in Solon Springs for a couple of drinks! Then we went to Cys' camper and had the tour. While we were in Solon, Terry found out that Julie...his girlfriend was on her way here trying to surprise him. He thought he was going to pick her up at the airport and that her flight had been delayed but she in fact had landed in Mpls. the night before and was driving to Hayward. She had just missed us there. She was too far past Solon to turn around so she stopped at Presidents in Superior and we left and met her there. When we got there I called Butch and he also met up with us there. From there we went to Cys' house to get changed and Butch drove all of us to Aces on 29th! It was so nice to see people that I have not seen in years or even since high school. We really had fun! Oh...and Ashlee was our waitress all night...so she got to attend my 25 year high school reunion as well...how cool is that? I, of course, was introducing her to everyone...I'm a proud mom!!!!!


Needless to say...I am not 20 years old anymore and so an afternoon and evening of drinking brought me down a bit. I spent Saturday all day in bed. I did manage to get up and get myself ready and we were at the Elk's Club at 5 PM. There were people there on Saturday night that we didn't see or get a chance to talk to on Friday night. We had our class pic taken and had a nice dinner. We sat and visited until around midnight when everyone decided they were going to party at Aces on 29th. I could not stay out any longer and so we said good-bye and headed home.

We had a fabulous weekend and I am so glad that I got reacquainted with Terry and met Julie. We really like them and I think we will all be great friends for life!!!

No comments: