Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Surprise Birthday Party that didn't happen...


My 43rd birthday was on February 6th...the night before Vern's Memorial Service. The original plans for my birthday was that Butch and I were suppose to be going out to a Mystery Dinner Theater with Gary & Lisa and Patty & Eddie. Well with everything that had happened, I just did not feel like going out. Everyone, including my mom kept telling me all week that I should still go. I just was not up to it. So I of course called Lisa and cancelled. Well we all celebrated on my birthday anyway with all of the relatives that we had in town for Vern's Memorial Service and my mom got a cake and I opened gifts. After I was done opening my gifts, Ashlee handed me an envelope and said this was suppose to be part of your gift and it was a surprise...It was the invitation that Ashlee had made and had sent out to a TON of people. She was having a surprise birthday party for me at Aces on 29th and that is where we would have ended up instead of the Mystery Dinner Theater. At that moment I knew why everyone wanted me to go out that night. Ashlee went to a lot of work to plan that and then have to cancel it and contact everyone and I am so proud of her for all of her work. I just wasn't up for going out and I was right where I wanted to be that night anyway.

No comments: