Saturday, August 04, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

It has been just crazy busy since we have come home from our vacation. Between trying to get the invitations ready for Ashlee's going away party, deciding on a menu, purchasing the items that she needs for college, painting the daycare bathroom, expanding the opening on the back gate for the party, trying to get Ashlee to start packing her MANY clothes that she has and then my daycare re-licensing all at once and everything having the same deadline along with my medical problems.....there were just too many things going on at one time.

So I decided that I could only do one thing at a time and everything else would have to wait and some things were going to have to be late.

~So I took Ashlee shopping for some of the stuff she needed and of course then she changed her mind and we returned some of her stuff and then we ordered her bedding from Campus Bedding online and it should be here any day now. They guarantee it for 4 years until they graduate or they replace it and it will fit the beds. They have extra long beds.

~Then I got her to finally start getting her clothes packed and she went thru everything and gave some stuff to Sammy and some to Lexi. Then she put a pile of winter stuff together that we will bring to her when we go visit her for parents weekend in October.


~In the meantime, I was working on her invitations.......she had picked out the paper and she decided she just wanted Hawaiian themed invites since we are having a Hawaiian Luau Party!
So here is what I came up with:

~While we were doing all of this Butch and Matt were taking apart the back gate and expanding the opening by 3 feet. We rented a hot tub for Ashlee's party and the trailer that it comes on is wider than the gate opening used to be so now they will be able to back it in to our yard. That took a day and a half in 95 degree heat. After they did the gate then they took out all of the icicle lights that we hang on the house at Christmas time and they checked all the bulbs and plugged them all in to make sure they all worked and they hung them on the fence around the inside of the back yard so we will have some nice light for the party. We already tried them at night and it looks so cool.

~Before starting the gate though, Matt took all of the shelving, changing table, border, etc. off of walls in the daycare bathroom to be painted and re-bordered. We had painted the entire downstairs right before Christmas and never got to the daycare bathroom and I told Butch I wanted to get this done before Ashlee's party and get the border up that I had sitting here since last November. So they worked on this and the gate at the same time going back and forth and finished both jobs in one weekend. I did the touch up painting and put up the border and did the cleaning afterwards.

So that was 5 jobs checked off of my list!

So I said I got the invites done....but then I had to print all the mailing labels and put them on the envelopes and stuff the envelopes and then the envelopes did not have any sticky stuff on them to seal them.....what can I say...they were FREE!! So I used my good ol' tombow adhesive and stuck them all closed and DH went to the post office and got pretty stamps and we stamped them all and he finally took them to the post office on his way to work!!!! YIPPEE!!

Anyway, this post is getting long so I am going to end this one and start another one. But as you can see we have been busy little bees around here.

No comments: