Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ashlee's Going Away Party!!

We planned and planned and it was finally the week of the party. Thursday the hot tub was delivered and Butch picked up the party tent and the tables and chairs. We proceeded to turn our back yard into party central.

Friday during the day Butch put the tent up and set up the tables and chairs and the daycare kids and I moved all the toys to different spots and put some of them away. We had to leave some toys out for the kids that would be coming to the party. They had fun helping with everything. Friday night we finished the yard and I cooked all of the food! Then we soaked in the hot tub with Ashlee and Lexi!

Finally the big day was here....the big Hawaiian Luau!!!! The weather man said all week that it was going to be nice outside! Guess what...it was the coldest day of the year!!!
People still sat outside, but they had to wear jackets! It was the perfect weather for hot tubbing! The kids loved the hot tub! The little kids said "Auntie, can we go swimming?" LOL!! They had a blast! The adults came at 4 PM when it started and a few of Ashlee's friends came early. All of the adults were gone by 10 PM. Lisa came back with Brianna and visited with Butch and I and we decided to go inside and sit in the living room. I had changed into sweats and a tshirt and sweatshirt earlier for outside and when we came in I was so cold I put on a fleece shirt too. I could not get warm.








At 11 PM Ashlee's friends showed up and the "real" party started. Lexi and Brianna were sitting outside watching the big kids and when some of the guys decided to go in the hot tub in their boxers Lexi came running inside and said "mommy the guys are going in the hot tub in their boxers" and I said "I don't care as long as they have something on" and she just looked at me funny. LOL!! All of Ashlee's friends came into the living room to say hi to us and said that it was a great party and the food was great and asked why we were not out there partying with them. I explained that we had been out there since 4 PM and I was freezing and needed to warm up. Plus I was tired. They had a good time. We stayed up til 1 AM. I could not stay up any longer. I think they stayed out there til 4:30 AM in the hot tub!

We got up the next day and cleaned up the yard, put everything away and Ashlee opened up all of her gifts. Then I took her shopping for the stuff that she still needed and then we came home and started packing her stuff. We piled it all in the daycare room by the door so that everything was all in one place.

On Monday she wrote out all of her Thank You cards for her party gifts and we put them in the mail right away. Then we loaded up the van on Monday night. We took the back seat out and we were able to get everything in there. She even took two dressers with her. We filled up the drawers with stuff.

No comments: