Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Another Surgery...

Tomorrow is the big day...surgery #2 on my left arm. This one is to repair the nerve damage in the wrist area. I am kind of nervous about this one because Dr. Klassen wants to do this one without anesthesia. He says he does it all the time. He wants to give me a local and then he said he will mix me up a little cocktail and I will think I am on the beach in the Caribbean somewhere. He said I will not feel anything or see anything and I won't remember anything afterwards. I have never been awake during surgery before so I am worried about that. I guess we will see how it goes. I have to be at the hospital at 6 AM and my surgery is scheduled for 8 AM. Butch took the day off of work and he will be there with me and then at home afterwards. I hope this surgery helps...I have been in incredible pain for the last 2 weeks. He could not make any promises with this as far as my elbow but this will help with the numbness and tingling in my fingers. He thinks I will need another surgery on my arm later to help with the pain in the elbow and upper arm. So I will be the one armed bandit for a while again....I will update here when I can.

No comments: