Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Some good news and some not so good news...

Well Thursday Robin became a first time homeowner....YIPPEE!!!! She bought my IL's house. She is pretty excited to finally own her own home. Butch plans to help her do some stuff to the house to get it fixed up and she plans to have a friend of her's move in to share expenses. I am proud of her and I know she will succeed in this adventure.

Friday my very close friend Stephanie had her double knee replacement. It was a very long surgery but she made it through and she is now settling in to rehab where she will be for 2 weeks before she goes home to recoup for the summer.

Friday night we had a thunderstorm with lots of thunder and lightning. We had a lightning strike that hit very close to the house and fried our phone box along with Lexi's TV and DVD player and my all in one printer, copier, fax, scanner, etc. The printer was plugged into the phone line because of the fax so when the phone box was fried it fried the printer as well. We will not be turning it into our insurance though because we have a $500 deductible and we can replace these items for less than that so it does not make sense to turn in a claim.

2 comments:

Zarah said...

Ouch... Thunder storms are a bummer!! :(

You've been tagged, my dear! Check out my blog! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you I had company, CHOCOLATE and magazines. Thanks for being there for me!